How Can You Support the WVU Feature Twirlers?
April is an exciting time of the year for the WVU Twirling program as each spring auditions are held to recruit elite twirlers to WVU. You can join in the excitement this April 2021 as the new WVU Feature Twirler Scholarship Fund is launched! Please consider making a gift to this Fund and participate in our weekly challenges (listed below) with a goal of raising $2,500. Once our goal is met, a generous donor will donate an additional $1,000!
Your gift will assist in the recruitment efforts of the WVU Twirling program, helping WVU Feature Twirlers achieve their academic and athletic goals.
- Video Showcase Challenge: Week of April 24 – May 1
- For every $250 reached on the crowdfunding page, a video will be released on the WVU Feature Twirler social media page highlighting a past performance.
- Give it a Twirl Challenge: Week of May 2 – May 8
- At the beginning of the week, the WVU Feature Twirlers will release a video of twirling tricks on their social media pages. Make a gift to the campaign, post a video of yourself performing the trick, and the WVU Feature Twirlers will highlight your video on their social media page.*
- Bingo Challenge: Week of May 9 – May 15
- Help the WVU Feature Twirlers fill their bingo squares! View the WVU Feature Twirler Bingo Board on their social media pages and fill a square by making a gift.
Learn More About the Program The nationally recognized WVU Mountaineer Marching Band has a long-standing history of attracting world-class champion twirlers to WVU. Each year, a very competitive selection process chooses Feature Twirlers to perform with “The Pride of West Virginia”. As elite twirlers, these candidates are already individual champions, often holding both national and international medals and titles before coming to campus.
Like any student-athlete, WVU’s Feature Twirlers perform at a level that requires continual training and commitment to their sport. Along with the honor of twirling at WVU sporting events and other nation-wide performances with the Marching Band, the WVU Feature Twirlers compete as a team at National College Competitions and offer outreach to the State of West Virginia through clinics and performances to promote the art/sport of twirling. Being nationally recognized, the WVU Twirling program competes with other top Division 1 College twirling programs to recruit the country’s best. Increasingly, twirlers at this level of expertise are being awarded scholarships to twirl, which could significantly impact the WVU Twirling program.
Be sure to follow the WVU Feature Twirlers on Facebook (@WVUTwirl) and on Instagram (@WVUFeatureTwirlers).
For questions regarding the campaign or the WVU Feature Twirler Scholarship Fund, please contact Dr. Kirsten Barnicle at Kirsten.Barnicle@mail.wvu.edu or Dr. Paula Jo Meyer-Stout at PaulaMeyerStout@yahoo.com.
*The WVU Feature Twirlers have the right to select what will be featured and posted to their social media pages.