Please help us reach our Scholarship fundraising goal of $5,000 by September 30th!
Each chapter of the WVU Alumni Association strives continually to support students at West Virginia University. Through fundraisers such as Advance WVU, Chapters are able to provide more scholarship dollars to students in their geographic area. In order for this Chapter to be able to provide a $1,000 Scholarship it has to raise the initial $5,000. If we are able to raise $25,000 the Chapter will be able to provide an endowed Scholarship.
Our Chapter strives to foster a sense of community – both on and off campus – by cultivating lasting relationships and enriching positive support and loyalty to West Virginia University. Our membership strives to incorporate these five major principles into the organization:
- Service, through community service projects.
- Student Recruitment, through serving as admissions representatives (when requested), sharing experiences and making a personal connection with new and potential students and their families.
- Scholarships, establishing funding of a Chapter scholarship to be awarded to students within the Chapter's area.
- Social, by holding game watches and other social functions to help alumni stay in touch to share memories, network, catch up on what’s happening in Morgantown and share the enthusiasm that comes with being a Mountaineer.
- Mentoring/Career Networking, by offering advice, guidance and support to other alums and students, and by developing networking opportunities for new grads and fellow alums.